Monday, May 12, 2008

Seizing the Opportunity

I think I'm becoming more and more of a photo geek these days, because everywhere I look I see photographs. And I feel like I need to take with my camera with me everywhere so I don't miss anything.

Case in point, today I was driving from my office over to my client for a meeting. On the way there is a park across from a golf course - Rose Ave in Venice for those of you who are familiar with the area. Today there just happened to be a half-torn-down carnival which must have been going on over the weekend.

It was one of those moments that just begged to be captured - the morbidly smiling plastic horses on the carousel, the half-disassembled rusty rides, the greasy soot stained trucks parked awaiting a load, the ticket booths with light bulbs broken out. One of those sad macabre scenes of days gone by that sits there and mocks you for not bringing your camera. So much to play with - the crops, the angles, the lighting - and I missed it all.

So now I think starting tomorrow, my camera will ride with me wherever I go.

www.paulsearsphotography.com

Or check out more Paul Sears Photography pages on
MySpace, Facebook, or Flickr

No comments: