Friday, May 16, 2008

Old Shots, New Crops

I've been looking through a couple of hard drives worth of old pictures over the last few days, and suddenly finding gems all over the place. Stuff I took years ago with bad cameras, shots that I had completely discarded.

But what I've been doing is going into photoshop and pulling out a (sometimes very small) crop from the larger image. The resolution is bad, too small to print, but onscreen it looks OK.

The cool thing about it, it's almost like going back to wherever I was at the time and re-shooting the shot - re-living the moment. Interestingly, shooting photography is actually the exact same exercise - looking at the larger image (the world) and selecting a smaller crop (your viewfinder). It's been a cool discovery & a very exciting process.


www.paulsearsphotography.com

Or check out more Paul Sears Photography pages on
MySpace, Facebook, or Flickr

1 comment:

KatBouska said...

I love going through old pictures and seeing if I can improve them a litte...I don't have photoshop yet, but I'm sure I could do some serious damage with it!